The suspected driver of white van that killed 13 on Thursday in Spanish city Barcelona in a terror attack claimed by ISIS is on a search. The Moroccan-born Younes Abouyaaqoub is believed to be still alive and on the run.
According to Spanish police the 22-year-old suspect had plans of more sophisticated attacks in Spain.
Abouyaaqoub lived in Ripoli town of Barcelona. Three people were arrested from the same town after van attack and one from Alcanar on Friday.
Earlier, police reported 17-year-old Moussa Oukabir as the key suspect, but he was one of the five men killed by security people after the Cambrils attack on the same day. Police chief Josep Trapero said he was not the driver as earlier thought.
However, the police added Oukabir may had used his brother’s documents to rent the van.
The officer mentioned one of the officers killed four attackers single-handedly after the van overturned and the men got out of it, believed to be wearing explosive belts but later proved to be fake.
Three of the five attackers have been named by the police. They are 18-year-old Said Aallaa, 24-year-old Mohamed Hychami and Oukabir.
One out of three people arrested in Ripoli was Oukabir’s brother Driss, who denied being involved in the attacks and his documents in fact was stolen.
Among the 13 dead only five have been named so far and they are as below:
American Jared Tucker, 43
Canadian Ian Moore Wilson
Spaniard Francisco López Rodríguez, in his 60s
Italian Bruno Gulotta, 35
Italian Luca Russo, 25