With a deep lip color, this holiday makeup look is ultra feminine and will definitely cause heads to turn. It is easy to apply and adds a lot of drama to the look. The eyes will be in soft, neutral colors of pink and browns letting the lips truly standout and add romance to the evening.
This look is for African American women since the shades are darker and berry tones. These berry colors are perfect for African American skin and help add to the holiday magic.
Makeup Products needed for Holiday Makeup Look
- Pink Shimmer eye shadow
- Brown eye shadow
- Metallic Bronze eyeliner
- Black mascara
- Berry cheek color
- Deep Berry lipstick
- Makeup Applicators and brushes
Makeup Application for Holiday Makeup Look
It is important to start this look with foundation and concealer to create a flawless complexion. Remember to set the foundation and concealer with a light dusting of loose powder so that the base will help keep makeup on longer.
- Start by applying the brown eye shadow to the upper lash line along the eyelid and blend into the crease below the brow bone.
- Next apply the pink shimmer eye shadow to the top inner corner of the eyelid and blend with the brown eye shadow. The pink shimmer eye shadow will also be applied on the brow bone and to the inner corner of the bottom lashes.
- Line the top lashes with the metallic bronze eyeliner, try to get as close to the lashes as possible. Line the bottom lashes as well but with a soft hand and blend with an eyeliner brush or a cotton swab.
- With the black mascara, start by applying to the base of the lashes and wiggle the brush back and forth. This step will help add volume to the lashes. Then apply a second coat of mascara by holding the brush vertically and pulling the lashes out. This step helps add length to the lashes.
- Apply the berry cheek color to the cheekbones. Start by applying a small amount and add another light layer if needed. It is better to start out light and add more than to have to try and remove too much blush.
- Complete this look with the deep berry lipstick.
With the lips being the focus of this holiday look for African American skin it is important to bring along the lipstick for touch ups. Without it, the look will not be complete.