Saudi-Led Air Campaign Kills 30 In Yemeni Capital Sanaa

A Saudi-led air coalition strike targeted three rebel vehicles in the rebel-held Yemeni capital Sanaa on Saturday killing at least thirty Huthi insurgents and civilians.

According to rebel-controlled Saba news agency, the death toll may be sixty civilians.

The airstrike attacked Khulaqa market, an area that is part of the Nehm region and coalition-backed loyalists have been lately advancing, said witnesses.

The market is known for selling qat, a mild narcotic chewed across the country.

Human Rights Watch accused earlier in February the coalition are making use of US-supplied cluster bombs. An independent inquiry has been announced to examine charges of possible abuses against civilians too in the conflict.

If believed to the UN experts, the coalition has carried out 119 sorties violating the humanitarian law. International probe has been called.

Earlier this month the UN had warned about a human catastrophe unfolding in the country alleging over 6,100 people had been killed since March 2015 when the coalition launched an air campaign. The agency also added more 3,000 people had been wounded in the period and forced about 2.5 million others to flee their homes.

Meanwhile, donors have pledged for $220 million of aid to Yemen.

United Arab Emirates said one of its army men died in an accident in Yemen when a military vehicle overturned. Further details are yet awaited.

Since the Arab coalition launched military campaign the UAE has lost more than 70 soldiers in Yemen.

Reports also comes unidentified gunmen shot dead a senior Yemeni intelligence officer in Aden on Friday.